Applying for CCHP-CP
APPLYING FOR THE CCHP-CP
Who Should Apply
Physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants/associates with the following qualifications are invited to apply:
- Current CCHP certification
- Unrestricted license (MD, DO, PA, NP) in at least one state of the United States and be in good standing with that licensing board (for Canada and U.S. territories, credentials will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Practice in the correctional environment over the course of at least three years (no minimum requirement of hours)
- 18 hours of correctional health-specific continuing education within the past three years
Elements of the Application
- Copy of professional licensure
- Completed application and fees
After the Application is Approved
Applicants will receive approval to take the CCHP-CP examination. A candidate must take the exam within six months of the application approval date.
Register online for NCCHC and partner location exams by logging into your MyNCCHC account (see the Exam Calendar for sites), or sign up to take the exam at a Prometric test center or online.
The fee is $320 (if submitted by mail or fax, a $15 surcharge will apply). This fee is not refundable.
There is no charge to take the exam the first time at an NCCHC conference or partner site or conference.
Candidates who opt to take the exam at a test center or online will be charged a $50 registration fee by Prometric.
ADA Request for Test Accommodation
Please follow the instructions on this form to request testing accommodations.
Veterans may be eligible for reimbursement of the exam fee by the Veterans Administration. Learn more.
Use our convenient online application (you must first log in to or create your NCCHC account). Or download the application (a $15 surcharge applies for mailed or faxed applications).