Call for Nominations
Board of Trustees Call for Nominations
2022 CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - CLOSES JUNE 23
NOTE: Candidate statements will be posted by August 11. The election will take place August 11 – August 25.
Resumes or biographical sketches of the nominee that address the attributes below are due July 12. They can be uploaded to the nomination form or emailed to [email protected].
The CCHP Board of Trustees is responsible for all aspects of governing the CCHP program. The board is responsible for examination content, scoring and evaluation, as well as awarding of CCHP and specialty certifications to successful candidates.
The CCHP Board of Trustees is comprised of 10 correctional health experts from a variety of health professions. Three trustees are CCHPs who are elected by their peers; the others are appointed from the correctional health care field. Elections are held every year to fill a three-year term on the board.
Expectations of the successful candidate:
- Attend two meetings per year at the NCCHC conferences at your own expense and participate in conference calls as necessary
- Contribute to the development and review of test items, applications, forms, etc. (approximately eight hours per quarter)
- Be a CCHP advocate, actively supporting the program mission and activities
When selecting nominees for the slate of candidates, the nominations committee considers the following:
- Longevity: Demonstrated by holding CCHP certification for at least three years
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership abilities through participation on committees or other activities (e.g., workshops at conference, surveyor, mentor). Nominees who are CCHP-A will receive a higher score under leadership in the nomination evaluation. Secondary specialty certification (if available) will also be considered in evaluating this section.
- Good reputation: Demonstrated by previously holding elected or appointed positions of leadership, recognition through awards or feature articles, etc., and with no conflict of interests with other organizations or memberships
- Breadth/length of correctional experience
You must be CCHP certified to make a nomination (whether nominating yourself or someone else).
Only one nomination per person will be accepted.
CCHPs have been emailed information about how to submit a nomination and a link to the nomination form. If you do not receive the email, check your spam folder and, if you don’t find it, contact [email protected].
Please note: Nominations will be accepted only via the online form.