Applying for CCHP-RN
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Current CCHP certification
- Current, active RN license within a U.S. state (for Canada and U.S. territories, credentials will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis); the license must not be restricted to practice in correctional settings only
- Equivalent of two years full-time practice as a registered nurse
- 2,000 hours of practice in a correctional setting within the last three years
- 54 hours of continuing education in nursing, with 18 specific to correctional health care, within the last three years
AFTER THE APPLICATION IS APPROVED
Applicants will receive confirmation of their candidacy to take the CCHP examination after the application is approved. Incomplete applications will be kept on file for three months, after which time a new application and fees must be submitted. A candidate must take the exam within six months of the application approval date.
Register online for NCCHC and partner location exams by logging into your MyNCCHC account (see the Exam Calendar for sites), or sign up to take the exam at a Prometric test center or online.
APPLICATION / EXAMINATION FEE
The fee is $320 (if submitted by mail or fax, a $15 surcharge will apply).There are no refunds on the application fee.
There is no charge to take the exam the first time at an NCCHC conference or partner site. Candidates who opt to take the exam at a test center or online will be charged a $50 registration fee by Prometric.
Attention veterans: You may be eligible for reimbursement of the exam fee by the Veterans Administration. Learn mo
ADA REQUEST FOR TEST ACCOMMODATIONS
Use our convenient online application , (you must first log in to, or create your NCCHC account.) Or download the application for mail or fax ($15 surcharge applies).