Applying for CCHP
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Professionals from many different disciplines and work settings have earned the CCHP designation. All correctional health professionals who meet the following eligibility requirements are encouraged to become certified:
- Credentials appropriate to the applicant’s field and employment position and the requirements of the state in which the applicant is licensed. The credentials must be free of any restriction that would limit professional practice solely to the correctional setting.
- Good character and fitness. An applicant’s record of conduct should justify the trust of patients, employers and others.
- Licensure needs to be from a US state. For Canada and U.S. territories, credentials will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the Board. At this time, we do not accept international applicants.
ELEMENTS OF THE APPLICATION
- Completed application and fees
- Resume or curriculum vitae documenting education and professional experience
- Copies of valid credentials, e.g., license, diploma (see Who Should Apply above)
AFTER THE APPLICATION IS APPROVED
After all elements have been received and the application has been approved, applicants will receive confirmation of their candidacy to take the CCHP examination. Incomplete applications will be kept on file for three months, after which time a new application and fees must be submitted. A candidate must take the exam within six months of the application approval date.
Register online for NCCHC conference and partner location exams by logging into your MyNCCHC account (see the Exam Calendar for sites), or sign up to take the exam at Prometric test center or online.
APPLICATION / EXAMINATION FEE
The application fee is $220 (if submitted by mail or fax, a $15 surcharge will apply). No refunds are available.
There is no charge to take the exam at an NCCHC conference or partner site/conference the first time. Candidates who opt to take the exam at a test center or online will be charged a $50 registration fee by Prometric.
ADA REQUEST FOR TEST ACCOMMODATIONS
Please follow the instructions on this form to request testing accommodations.
Veterans may be eligible for reimbursement of the exam fee by the Veterans Administration. Learn more.
Use our convenient online application (you must first log in to or create your NCCHC account). Or download the application for program details and application form (a $15 surcharge applies for mailed or faxed applications).