Exam Details CCHP-MH
The CCHP-MH Exam
The CCHP–MH specialty examination measures:
- Knowledge, understanding and application of national standards and guidelines essential to the delivery of appropriate mental health care,
- Legal principles for practicing within a correctional mental health care system
- Ethical obligations of correctional mental health professionals
- The role of mental health professionals in delivering health care in the correctional environment.
Candidates are allowed two hours to complete the examination, which is a proctored, written test composed of 80 to 100 multiple-choice questions.
CCHP and specialty exams (CCHP-MH, CCHP-P, and CCHP-RN) are available at conferences, at test centers, and online. Candidates can select from:
- 900 Prometric test centers across the United States. Prometric will contact approved candidates by email. They charge a $50 fee.
- Online through Prometric. Prometric will contact approved candidates by email. They charge a $50 registration fee.
- Examinations at NCCHC and selected partner conferences; see the Exam Calendar for dates, sites, and deadlines.
- Find more information on choosing a test option.
EXAM REGISTRATION FEES
|Test Site||Registration Fee|
|First Attempt||Second Attempt||Third Attempt|
|NCCHC or partner site||Free||$45||$45|
|Test center or Prometric online exam||$50||$50||$50|
The CCHP program makes every effort to ensure that test centers are in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Candidates who require special accommodations must submit a written request at least 90 days before the examination date.
Examinations are scored electronically. Results are sent in writing within two weeks. Unsuccessful candidates may retake the exam two additional times within one year of the application approval date. Exam registration fees will apply; see table above.
The exam must be taken within six months from the date the application is approved.
A candidate must request deferment in writing at least 10 business days before the originally scheduled examination date for exams at NCCHC conferences and at partner sites and conferences. Send requests to: CCHP Board of Trustees, 1145 W. Diversey Pkwy., Chicago, IL 60614 Fax 773-880-2424
Please check Prometric’s policies for cancelling and rescheduling exams at test centers or online.