The National Commission's position statements serve to augment the Standards or express NCCHC's expert opinion on important issues that are not addressed in the Standards.
Along with the Standards, these position statements may assist correctional facilities in designing policies and procedures on such matters.
- Charging Inmates a Fee for Health Care Services
- Competency for Execution
- Correctional Health Professionals’ Response to Inmate Abuse
- Health Services Research in Correctional Settings
- Health Services to Adolescents in Adult Correctional Facilities
- Licensed Health Care Providers in Correctional Institutions
- Management of Chronic Pain
- Prevention of Juvenile Suicide in Correctional Settings
- Prevention of Violence in Correctional Settings
- Restraint of Pregnant Inmates
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment for Adults and Adolescents
- Transgender Health Care in Correctional Settings