Sample Questions for the CCHP Examination
The following are actual questions that have appeared on past CCHP examinations. They will give you an idea of what to expect when you take the exam. Please note: These questions are not intended to reflect the scope of the examination.
1. Which of the following best defines a "procedure"?
A. Detailed description for carrying out policy
B. A measurable objective to be achieved
C. Official position on a work-related issue
D. Rules and regulations
2. This standard is based on the basic principle established by the U.S. Supreme Court in the 1976 landmark case Estelle v. Gamble.
A. Access to care
B. Inmate workers
C. Medical autonomy
D. Privacy of care
3. Which of the following is least important in determining the number of health staff needed to deliver services in a correctional setting?
A. Needs of inmate population
B. Approved budget
C. Delivery system
D. Proportion of female inmates
4. The following individuals, in the absence of any written authorization from the adult inmate-patient, may have access to that patient's medical records:
A. Inmate's attorney
B. Private physician
C. U.S. congressman
D. None of the above
5. Which statement below best describes universal precautions?
A. Adhering to advisories published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for disposing of infectious waste
B. Taking protective steps with patients known to have infectious diseases so as to minimize exposure of workers and others to contagious disease
C. Assuming all patients present a potential for transmission of infectious disease and adopting the same protective techniques with every patient
D. Using masks, gowns and gloves for protection from infectious disease
1 - A
2 - A
3 - B
4 - D
5 - C