Exceptional Opportunity for an Exceptional Leader
JOIN US AS PRESIDENT AND GUIDE US TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF SUCCESS!
The National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) is committed to a mission to improve the quality of health care provided in jails, prisons, and juvenile confinement facilities. For more than 40 years, our team has set the standards for delivery of medical and mental health care in correctional facilities. We currently seek a visionary to lead and expand NCCHC’s position as the premier body providing health care accreditation, certification, technical assistance, and educational services for the leadership and staff of the nation’s county, state, and federal correctional systems.
As NCCHC’s chief executive, the candidate selected will be a member of our board of directors and will be responsible for:
- Effectively managing the organization to achieve high customer satisfaction, retention and growth; and to fulfill NCCHC’s mission
- Advocating for NCCHC’s interests; actively promoting the organization, its policies, and programs
- Providing support to the board of directors; managing the board’s governance process so that board members perform their fiduciary, policy, fiscal, and national leadership responsibilities with knowledge
- Proactively maintaining the standards and policies established by the board and its committees; ensuring congruence of the goals of the organization with its activities; recommending to the board major new programs and initiatives for implementation; coordinating the implementation and evaluation of organizational activities
- Overseeing effective communications strategies to engage and inform health care professionals in all disciplines, correctional system leadership, policy makers, and other key constituents
Qualifications for this position of national prominence and high visibility include broad-based business acumen as well as:
- Advanced professional degree, certification, or equivalent work experience with at least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience including a minimum of 7 years at the executive level with a premier brand
- Strong financial management track record with successful P&L accountability
- Demonstrable strategic planning/execution abilities
- Proven background in motivating/inspiring top performance among diverse team members
- Excellent verbal and written communications with the ability to effectively interact at all levels
- Additional desirable qualifications include expertise in not-for-profit board relations; health care executive background; proficiency in marketing, proposal writing, project management, and justice system leadership; and experience/knowledge of public health, national policy formulation, accreditation, and training
NCCHC offers industry and location competitive compensation and benefits. If you’re ready for an opportunity to apply your entrepreneurialism, vision, and leadership to delivery of world-class services, we would welcome your response. For prompt confidential consideration, please send cover letter (salary history must be included) and resume to Carol Barber, Consultant, NCCHC Search Committee, Carol@NHCNnetwork.org.
NCCHC is an equal opportunity employer.