Board of Trustees Call for Nominations
2018 call for nominations
Nominations are due JuNe 27. Check your email for details.
The CCHP Board of Trustees is responsible for all aspects of governing the CCHP program. The board is responsible for examination content, scoring and evaluation, as well as awarding of CCHP and specialty certifications to successful candidates.
The CCHP Board of Trustees is comprised of 10 correctional health experts from a variety of health professions. Three trustees are CCHPs who are elected by their peers; the others are appointed from the correctional health care field. Elections are held every year to fill a three-year term on the board.
Expectations of the successful candidate:
- Attend two meetings per year at the NCCHC conferences at your own expense and participate in conference calls as necessary
- Contribute to the development and review of test items, applications, forms, etc. (approximately eight hours per quarter)
- Be a CCHP advocate, actively supporting the program mission and activities
When selecting nominees for the slate of candidates, the nominations committee considers the following:
- Longevity: Demonstrated by holding CCHP certification for at least three years
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership abilities through participation on committees or other activities (e.g., workshops at conference, surveyor, mentor)
- Good reputation: Demonstrated by previously holding elected or appointed positions of leadership, recognition through awards or feature articles, etc., and with no conflict of interests with other organizations or memberships
- Breadth/length of correctional experience
You must be CCHP certified to make a nomination (whether nominating yourself or someone else).
Only one nomination per person will be accepted.
By July 6, please provide a resume or a brief biographical sketch of the nominee that addresses the attributes above.
CCHPs have been emailed information about how to submit a nomination and a link to the nomination form. If you do not receive the email, check your spam folder and, if you don't find it, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Nominations will be accepted only via the online Survey Monkey form.