Preparing for the CCHP Exam
Earn your CCHP and join an elite group of correctional health professionals recognized and sought after for their expertise. This is a designation that will get you instant credibility with peers and stakeholders.
All candidates receive the Candidate Handbook. The handbook includes a detailed list of content areas covered on the examination.
The following publications contain the material covered on the examination. We strongly recommend that you study these books to improve examination performance.
- Standards for Health Services in Prisons
- Standards for Health Services in Jails
- Standards for Health Services in Juvenile Detention and Confinement Facilities
- Correctional Health Care: Guidelines for the Management of an Adequate Delivery System (free download)
The Standards may be purchased as a discounted CCHP Study Package or individually (see the NCCHC catalog). Although health care delivery in jails and prisons differs significantly, there is much overlap in the jail and prison standards, so you may wish to purchase only one of the two. Alternatively, your employer, colleagues or library may have these resources. Many CCHP candidates study together and share one set of materials.
The CCHP Board of Trustees also recommends participation in a study group with colleagues, the full-day preconference Standards seminars at NCCHC conferences (when available). NCCHC is also available for an on-site course at your facility.
- V02 A Review of NCCHC’s 2015 Standards for Mental Health Services
- V03 An In-Depth Review of NCCHC’s 2015 Standards for Juvenile Facilities
Participation in these activities and the new online webinar does not guarantee application acceptance/approval nor passing the exam.