Applying for CCHP
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- There is no work experience requirement. Students and new entrants to the field are welcome to apply
Credentials appropriate to the applicant's field and employment position and legally required by the state or territory are required.
- Character and fitness is one of the most important components of the application. An applicant's record of conduct should justify the trust of patients, employers and others.
ELEMENTS OF THE APPLICATION
- Completed application and fees
- Resume or curriculum vitae documenting education and professional experience
- Copies of valid credentials, e.g., license, diploma (see Who Should Apply above)
AFTER THE APPLICATION IS APPROVED
After all elements have been received and the application has been approved, applicants will receive confirmation of their candidacy to take the CCHP examination. Incomplete applications will be kept on file for three months, after which time a new application and fees must be submitted. A candidate must take the exam within six months of the application approval date.
APPLICATION / EXAMINATION FEE
The application fee is $220 (if submitted by mail or fax, a $15 surcharge will apply). No refunds are available.
There is no charge to take the exam at an NCCHC conference or partner site/conference the first time. Candidates who opt to take the exam at a test center or online will be charged a $50 registration fee by Prometric.
Veterans may be eligible for reimbursement of the exam fee by the Veterans Administration. Learn more »
Use our convenient online application (you must first log in to, or create, your NCCHC account). Or download the application for program details and application form (a $15 surcharge applies for mailed or faxed applications).