Applying for CCHP-RN
Eligibility requirements may be adopted or modified by the CCHP Board of Trustees at its sole discretion. The current requirements are as follows. All requirements must be met prior to submitting the application.
- Current CCHP certification
- Current, active RN license within a U.S. state (for Canada and U.S. territories, credentials will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis); the license must not be restricted to practice in correctional settings only
- Equivalent of two years full-time practice as a registered nurse
- 2,000 hours of practice in a correctional setting within the last three years
- 54 hours of continuing education in nursing, with 18 specific to correctional health care, within the last three years
Application / EXAMINATION fee
The fee is $305 (if submitted by mail or fax, a $15 surcharge will apply). If it is determined that you do not meet the minimum application requirements or if you decide to cancel your application, $100 will be refunded. Cancellations must be requested in writing and received by NCCHC at least 10 business days before the examination date.
Candidates who opt to take the exam at a PSI test center will also be charged a $50 registration fee by PSI.
Attention veterans: You may be eligible for reimbursement of the exam fee by the Veterans Administration. Learn more »
If you apply online, please download this application supplement, which gathers additional information and enables you to easily record your continuing education activities. Or download the application for complete program details as well as the application form and supplement (a $15 surcharge applies for mailed or faxed applications).
Return the completed, signed application, along with a copy of your RN license and the examination fee, to: