Applying for CCHP-P
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Physicians with the following qualificaitons are invited to apply:
- Current CCHP certification
- Unrestricted license (MD or DO) to practice medicine in at least one state of the United States and be in good standing with that licensing board (for Canada and U.S. territories, credentials will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Practice in the correctional environment over the course of at least three years (no minimum requirement of hours)
Elements of the Application
- Copy of professional licensure
- Completed application and fees
AFTER THE APPLICATION IS APPROVED
Applicants will receive approval to take the CCHP-P examination. A candidate must take the exam within six months of the application approval date.
Application / EXAMINATION fee
The fee is $305 (if submitted by mail or fax, a $15 surcharge will apply). This fee is not refundable.
There is no charge to take the exam at an NCCHC conference or partner site or conference.
Candidates who opt to take the exam at a test center or online will also be charged a $50 registration fee by Prometric.
Attention veterans: You may be eligible for reimbursement of the exam fee by the Veterans Administration. Learn more »