Standards for Health Services in Adult Correctional Facilities
New editions! Developed by leaders in the fields of health, law and corrections, NCCHC’s nationally recognized Standards lay the foundation for constitutionally acceptable health services systems.
Use of these benchmark standards can help jails and prisons to improve health services delivery. The Standards address nine general areas: health care services and support, patient care and treatment, special needs and services, governance and administration, personnel and training, safety, health records, health promotion and medical-legal issues. These editions features new recommendations for continuous quality improvement, clinical performance enhancement, patient safety, initial health assessment, pharmaceutical operations and women’s health. The manuals provide clear compliance indicators that define expected outcomes and aid in self-assessment, guidelines for facilities of various sizes and best practices recommendations.
Glossary and index. Published by NCCHC. Soft cover, approx. 200 pages.
- Standards for Health Services in Jails (2014)
- Standards for Health Services in Prisons (2014)
$79.95 each, Order by mail, phone, fax or email.
The 2008 editions will be available for a limited time at a price of $69.95. The NCCHC Standards are among the study materials for the Certified Correctional Health Professional examination. The 2008 editions will remain the source of questions on the CCHP exam until October 2014.
The implementation date for the 2014 Standards is October 1, 2014.
For facilities being accredited:
- Facilities with on-site accreditation surveys scheduled on or before October 1, 2014, will have the choice of being surveyed under the 2008 edition or the 2014 edition of the standards. Facilities surveyed under the 2008 edition will be required to submit a plan to meet the 2014 standards by October 1, 2014.
Facilities with on-site accreditation surveys scheduled after October 1, 2014 will be surveyed under the 2014 standards.
- Exams conducted on or before October 1 will refer to the 2008 Standards
- Exams conducted after October 1 will refer to the 2014 Standards.
For questions about the standards implementation date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Money-saving reference sets and certification study packages are also available:
- NCCHC Reference Set
- CCHP Study Package
- CCHP-MH Study Package
- CCHP-RN Study Package