National Conference on Correctional Health Care
October 22 - October 26, 2016
Check back soon for complete information and registration.
NCCHC’s 40th annual National Conference is shaping up to be the biggest and best ever! In addition to the timely topics, breadth of knowledge and depth of expertise you’ve come to expect at NCCHC conferences, you’ll find extra activities and surprises to make it a truly memorable, fun and festive 40th. Come celebrate correctional health care’s history and welcome its bright future in Las Vegas, the brightest spot on earth!
- Targeted education and excellent networking with peers and experts from every segment of the correctional health care field: clinicians, administrators, staff and management
- Up to 32 hours of continuing education credit with 100 sessions and preconference seminars to choose from
- Comprehensive coverage of all aspects of correctional health care: chronic care, infectious disease, mental health, suicide prevention, oral health, crisis intervention, risk management and more
- NCCHC is the nation’s leader in correctional health care education, certification and accreditation. Learn from respected authorities with years of experience in health care delivery in jails, prisons and juvenile confinement facilities.
Register by Sept. 14 to save $50 off the regular rate! You also will be entered into a drawing to win two free nights at the Paris Hotel. The winner will be notified after the early-bird deadline (Sept. 14).
Register online to receive immediate confirmation and payment receipt. If you are new to our registration system, you must first create your log-in and password. To register by mail or fax, check back soon for a registration form.
(Monday,Tuesday or Wednesday)
|Guest or spouse
(exhibit hall events only)
* Members of the Academy of Correctional Health Professionals receive a $45 discount on early, regular and on-site rates. To join the Academy, simply sign up when you register. The Academy is independent of NCCHC and the discount is offered as a courtesy.
Conference registration includes access to all conference events and educational sessions from Sunday evening through Wednesday, including roundtable discussions, any provided breakfasts or lunches and all exhibit hall events. One-day registration provides access to all events and sessions scheduled for that day.
To be considered preregistered, your registration with full payment must be received by October 9. After this date, all registrations must be processed on-site, and a fee of $25 will apply. If you preregister, please bring your confirmation notice when you check in at the NCCHC registration desk. Badges and materials will be distributed on-site.
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing. Cancellations received by September 23 will be refunded less a $100 processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations after September 23. Delegate substitutions are allowed at any time, but NCCHC must be notified in writing. Registrants who fail to attend the conference and do not notify NCCHC are responsible for full payment.
Funding Approval Tips
While the issues you face continue to grow in number and complexity, there’s no doubt that getting to a conference poses budget difficulties for many professionals in our field. Here are some ideas to get your approval on track so you can join your peers in Las Vegas.
Continuing Education Objectives
- Demonstrate understanding of correctional health care issues, including quality of care, access to care, financial management and workforce development
- Identify major health care, research and policy issues facing incarcerated individuals, including infectious diseases, mental illness, substance abuse and special needs (e.g., women’s issues, juvenile health, geriatrics, disability)
- Demonstrate increased understanding of skills necessary to better manage common medical, nursing, dental and psychological problems found in correctional settings
- Describe legal, ethical and administrative issues and develop solutions for the correctional setting
Continuing Education Credit
The maximum CE hours indicated below include participation in preconference seminars.
- CCHPs: Certified Correctional Health Professionals may earn up to 32 contact hours of Category I continuing education for recertification.
- Dentists: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
NCCHC designates this activity for 32 continuing education credits.
- Nurses: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NCCHC designates this educational activity for a maximum of 32 contact hours.
- Physicians: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. NCCHC designates this live activity for a maximum of 32 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Psychologists: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NCCHC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This educational activity has been approved for up to 32 hours of credit. (See Schedule at a Glance for sessions that have been approved for APA credit.)
- Social Workers: NCCHC has applied for 32 credits from the National Association of Social Workers.
To receive continuing education credit, log in on-site or from your home or office after the conference.
essential Education - and more
The National Conference provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of correctional health care: chronic care, mental health, suicide prevention, oral health care, special populations, crisis intervention, liability challenges, risk management and more.
Check back soon for the schedule at a glance and the preliminary program.
Conference registration includes:
- A choice of 100 concurrent sessions – create a curriculum that meets your needs
- Opening ceremony and festivities
- Roundtable breakfast discussions
- Informative exhibits
- Exhibit hall reception
- Poster displays
- Breaks and refreshments in the exhibit hall
- Presenters’ PowerPoint presentations for download before and after the event
- Up to 32 hours of continuing education credit (includes preconference seminars; separate registration required)
Viva las vegas!
What better place for a celebration than Las Vegas? Vibrant, colorful, glitzy Las Vegas – the Entertainment Capital of the World – attracts more than 41 million visitors each year, making it one of the top tourist destinations in the world. They come for the entertainment, shopping, fine dining, night-life and, of course, the casinos. With its neon opulence and around-the-clock excitement, there really is no place quite like Las Vegas.
Inside the Paris Hotel, guests are transported from the bustle of the strip into the romance of the City of Lights, complete with bubbling fountains, winding alleyways, charming boutiques and restaurants that resemble Parisian cafes. Dining, entertainment, nightlife and accommodations at the Paris Hotel are tres magnifique!
BUSINESS NETWORKING AT ITS BEST
NCCHC conference attendees come to the exhibit hall to find ways to improve health services in their facilities. NCCHC conferences are the ideal venue for your company to build recognition and relationships with these important professionals.
Event Banners and Logos
Download the banner or logo of your choice for use in your conference exhibition promotional efforts. Right click on the desired link and "Save target as..." All are in jpg format but may be converted to other formats or resized as necessary. Images below are reduced in size and shown for illustration purposes.
Paris Hotel, Las Vegas
The meeting will take place at the Paris Hotel. Situated in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, this elegant hotel combines classic style, fine craftsmanship and authentic details to create a unique ambiance.
The conference group rate is available through September 25. The special rate is $155 for single or double occupancy. Reserve online or call 877-603-4389 and mention group code SPNCC6. A $15 processing fee applies for reservations made by phone.