Correctional Mental Health Care Conference
July 21 - July 22, 2013
Join hundreds of forward-thinking correctional mental health professionals for a two-day exchange of thought leadership and inspiration across a wide range of mental health topics.
Supported by the Academy of Correctional Health Professionals, the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association.
Critical Solutions in a Time of Change
This sharply focused gathering features two days of concurrent sessions, along with special networking events to enable participants to learn from each other. You will learn about best practices, emerging legal issues and practical approaches to care delivery — and get actionable insights, techniques and tools you need to improve care in your facility.
- Get the latest information from correctional health experts and policy makers
- Learn how mental health care is evolving and what you can do to have greater impact
- Discover effective innovations in mental health care research, delivery and treatment
- Explore how to overcome budget constraints while maintaining quality services
Extra value! Choose the session recordings package when you register for the conference and get audio synchronized with PowerPoint for all presentations. If you're busy networking or catching up in the hall, you'll still get all of the great information.
Register online to receive immediate confirmation and payment receipt. If you are new to our online registration system, you must first create your log-in and password. To register by mail or fax, please download this registration form.
|Regular + Session Recordings Package||$354|
|Regular without recordings||$325|
|Academy member* + Session Recordings Package
|Academy member* without recordings||$275|
Attending NCCHC's Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes?
Save money by registering for both events at the same time (includes the mental
health conference recordings package).
|Society of Correctional Physicians member*||$759|
* To join the Academy of Correctional Health Professionals or the Society of Correctional Physicians, simply sign up when you register.
Note: Registration for, attendance at or participation in NCCHC conferences and associated activities constitutes an agreement to permit NCCHC to use and distribute (now and in the future) the registrant's or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events and activities.
Session Recordings Package
Don’t let your learning end when the conference ends. Continue your professional development with recorded sessions through the NCCHC Live Learning Center. This online conference companion lets you catch up on what you missed and share valuable education with your colleagues. Already registered but didn't include the package? Contact NCCHC at 773-880-1460 or email@example.com to add it.
To be considered preregistered, your registration with full payment must be received by July 12. After this date, all registrations must be processed on site.
Notification of cancellation must be submitted in writing. Cancellations received by July 12 will be refunded less a $100 processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations after July 12. Delegate substitutions are allowed at any time, but NCCHC must be notified in writing. Registrants who fail to attend the conference and do not notify NCCHC are responsible for full payment.
Questions? Call (773) 880-1460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference Learning Objectives
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of pervasive as well as emerging mental health problems within correctional populations as well as related management issues
- Identify best practices in evaluation, treatment and management for incarcerated individuals with mental illness
- Enhance skills necessary to manage mental health care delivery in correctional settings
- Develop mental health programs that incorporate the NCCHC standards for mental health services
Continuing Education Credit
CCHPs: Certified Correctional Health Professionals may earn up to 17 contact hours of Category I continuing education for recertification.
Nurses: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NCCHC designates this educational activity for a maximum of 17 contact hours.
Physicians: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. NCCHC designates this live activity for a maximum of 17 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychologists: Nova Southeastern University’s Center for Psychological Studies is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Nova Southeastern University’s Center for Psychological Studies maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This educational activity has been approved for up to 17 hours of credit.
Social Workers: This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886452976-2051) for 17 social work continuing education contact hours.
Nowhere else will you see the critical intersection of correctional health care and mental health issues and challenges addressed so specifically.
- Creating an Integrative Care Model for Behavioral Health
- Creative Ways to Meet the Challenges of Managing People With Mental Illness in Jail
- Current Legal Developments in Correctional Mental Health Law
- Officers in Training: Proper Care of Inmates With Dementia
- Prison Rape Elimination Act: Compliance Issues for Mental Health Professionals
- A Proactive Three-Step Process for Decreasing Mental Health Crises
- The Psychology of Pain: Analysis and Treatment Alternatives
- Segregation and Serious Mental Illness: Creating a System to Ensure Quality Care and Minimize Clinical and Legal Risks
- Structured Mental Health Programming in High Security Confinement: A Best Practice
- Synthetic Drugs: How to Identify, Manage and Treat Inmates Who Are Under the Influence or Detoxifying
- Treatment Considerations for Transgender Patients
- U.S. v. Jared Loughner: The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal’s Decision on Forced Medication
The Final Program contains all of the session descriptions, the complete schedule at a glance, continuing education information, an exhibitor list and more.
All conference activities will take place at the Paris Hotel.
Conference attendees will receive the guaranteed lowest rate.
Room rate lowered to $115 for July 21 and July 22! This special rate is available through June 28 on a first-come, first-served basis, so act now!
Make your reservation online or call (888) 608-3930 and mention group code SPNNC3 to get the group discount.
ALERT: NCCHC has received reports that unauthorized companies may pose as the official housing vendors for the Mental Health Care Conference. These companies are not affiliated with NCCHC. For your own protection, we ask that you exercise caution when making hotel and travel arrangements with such entities. NCCHC only guarantees hotel room rate, availability, benefits and protection for reservations made through the Paris Hotel. If you choose to book with a vendor not endorsed by NCCHC, please verify their credentials before doing business with them and independently confirm that your reservations have in fact been made and will be honored by directly contacting your chosen hotel.
something for everybody
Welcome to the Entertainment Capital of the World! Whether you're a high roller or a low-key lounger, Las Vegas has something to suit your taste. Sample fare from top chefs and cornucopian buffets, try your luck at one of the world's premier casinos, or take in a spectacular show.
Here are useful sites to help you start planning:
connect with mental health decision makers
Attendees will come from all segments of the correctional mental health care community: physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, therapists, counselors and more to share insights, find solutions and identify best practices. Sign up for a cost-effective, easy set-up tabletop exhibit today!.
Paris Hotel Service Order Forms
Paris Hotel, Las Vegas
The meeting will take place at the Paris Hotel. Situated in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, this elegant hotel combines classic style, fine craftsmanship and authentic details to create a unique ambiance.
The conference group rate is is $155 + tax, single or double occupancy and is available through September 29. Reserve online or call 877-603-4389. A $15 processing fee will apply for reservations made by phone. If you choose to call, mention the National Commission on Correctional Health Care to receive the group rate.
• Book your hotel room by June 28 to receive the special conference rate.
• Register by June 21 to receive the early-bird discount of $50.
ALERT: NCCHC has received multiple reports that unauthorized companies may pose as the official housing vendors for the Mental Health Care Conference. These companies are not affiliated with NCCHC. For your own protection, we ask that you exercise caution when making hotel and travel arrangements with such entities. NCCHC only guarantees hotel room rate, availability, benefits and protection for reservations made through the Paris Hotel. If you choose to book with a vendor not endorsed by NCCHC, please verify their credentials before doing business with them and independently confirm that your reservations have in fact been made and will be honored by directly contacting your chosen hotel.