To maintain CCHP-MH certification, annual recertification is required. Once recertified, a new certificate is sent.
- Completion of at least 18 mental health contact hours*, with 6 specific to correctional health care.
*Any activity approved by an accredited mental health education provider (e.g., APA, NASW, NCCHC)
- Attestation that professional license is in good standing
- Payment of recertification fee (covers both CCHP and CCHP-MH certification)
Recertification requirements must be completed prior to the expiration date. Requests for an extension (up to 30 days) must be submitted in writing (by email, mail or fax).
CCHP-MH certification may be reinstated within one year upon submission of the required elements and an administrative reinstatement fee. If certification has lapsed for more than one year, you must submit a new application and complete all of the application requirements. All information supplied for recertification is subject to audit.
A fee of $75 must accompany your application. For online recertification, payment is made by credit card. If mailing or faxing the application, payment is made by check, money order or credit card and requires a $15 processing fee. Applications submitted after the deadline must add a $25 late fee. Purchase orders are not accepted.
HOW TO RECERTIFY
Online. Receive immediate confirmation of your recertification when you recertify using our online system.
Mail or Fax. An additional $15 processing fee is required. Please allow four weeks to process your application. Complete, sign and submit the recertification form (PDF), along with your payment, to:
CCHP Board of Trustees, PO Box 6233, Carol Stream, IL 60197-6233
Fax (773) 880-2424
Continuing Education Equivalencies
- 1 CEU = 10 contact hours
- 1 contact hour = 60 minutes or .1 CEU
- 1 academic quarter hour = 12.5 contact hours
- 1 academic semester hour = 15 contact hours
- 1 CME = 60 minutes or 1 contact hour